So a quick TTT post is all I have again this week!
- I never got around to posting this necklace (left) I made way back when, but I made a similar one as a gift for my MIL. Hope she likes it! November Craft Stash Challenge at it best.
- Handmade Holiday Greetings are in the works! I’m trying to use up as much of the paper stash as possible. Haven’t made a dent in it yet!
- Oh, and I finally joined Instagram (creativelymotivated). I resisted IG just like I did FB and blogging, but I actually kind of like it. I just have to figure out how I want to use each of them as they are all the same, but different. Throw Pinterest in the mix and I’m all “social media’d” out! I don’t know if I can handle another.
A knitting book on Lace?…check. Finished/WIP lace project…errrr uhhh, nope.
I just realized I haven’t fully jumped in to the world of knitted lace. Lace looks like slow work. Not that I really mind, but that’s probably the reason for my hesitation. That and ripping out tiny mistakes in a fine gauge yarn seems daunting. Despite knowing the limitations of my bookshelf, I managed to find yet another knitting book to drool over: Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color.
Exquisite lace designs and beautiful colors on the sample photos. I want to wear each and every one of them. One more book on the wish list!
– A work in progress. Finally got my hands on some Knitpicks Palette and so far I’m digging it.
– Lately I’ve been obsessed with watching Karate Kid marathons. I guess I’m making up for not seeing it in my youth.
– Drooling over the Beef Stir Fry with Miso Bourbon Teriyaki Sauce…What’s for dinner?
Don’t worry, I’m not going to tell you who to vote for in this post. I just wanted to share a little experiment I tried over the last couple of days with jewelry and paint.
I started out with some plain base metal earrings (shown disassembled) that I found were turning dark and dull.
And with a little acrylic paint (which I know was kind of unsuitable for metal) I transformed them into this.
This is just a starting point for some other ideas I hope to work on soon.
DragonWillow and Nizzy welcome you to our new online crafting space! Please visit us from time to time to check out what crafty things we’ve been working on lately.