June is basically here! I had my eye on a particular craft book challenge that involved beading, but I didn’t get around to it. My completed project is not contained in a book, but is still part of the stash which is a component of my challenge.
Simplicity 2501 (View E) and fabric used is straight out of the collection. The pattern pieces were a tight fit given the limited amount of this fabric after adjustments. What was different about this pattern is that it comes with multiple sizes according to your bust cup. Let me tell you that didn’t mean diddly squat and I still had to do my usual bust adjustments. Oh, how disappointing!
After bust, back, and hip adjustments, I ended up with something I’m fairly pleased with. I love the ruffle detail even though the print is a little busy and hides it. I’m not pushing any fashion boundaries with this top, but it’s a start for my summer wardrobe. I just need a pant or skirt to pair it with.
On a knitting note, I have a total of 9 squares finished for my afghan. Some aren’t working out so well so I’ve changed a few of the square patterns originally selected.
I was a little misled by the colors on my monitor. My two blues don’t coordinate as well as I thought, however there is no stopping it now! Onward!