Some time ago, okay, YEARS ago, I had an idea that I wanted to make shaped placemats for each major holiday in each month. I started just around St. Patrick’s Day so a clover was the obvious choice.
I dove right into this project. I drew a heart, photocopied it, enlarged it, and put three of them together to make a pattern for a clover with three leaves. I bought cord and seam binding to make my own piping. I took the time to make sure the piping edge was still visible in all the corners as I was pinning. I even added matting to give it some uumph.
I made the first one, then proceeded to lose interest in the whole project idea. It’s been on the bottom of my unfinished project basket since forever and I think it’s now time to move it to its new home: the trash.