I made this cast cover back in December. My son’s been casted since October, due to surgery. Obviously, I was a tad late getting this all together since the cast comes off tomorrow.
I had him lay on the floor and then I traced around his foot. This was my template. Of course, when I tried to sew the two pieces together, I discovered I had a stocking and not a “Cast Snuggy” (that’s what we’ve dubbed this).
So, I took it apart and “filled it in” with some scrap material.
-Flannel (for lining, yes, I lined the fleece)
I also made him a water-proof cover (just to walk outside in, not to shower in) out of a plastic table cloth (with smocking on the back – no picture).
I did cut out more pieces to make another snuggy, but won’t need it now. Eh, maybe I’ll make it anyway. 🙂